প্রকাশিত তারিখ : April 3, 2020 | আপডেট সময়: 11:07 AM
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has urged the people to visit physicians if they experience any symptom of coronavirus and not to pay heed to any rumour about the virus as she issued a 31-point directive last night in view of the Covid-19 outbreak.
Sheikh Hasina also warned that no corruption will be tolerated in the relief distribution and advised not to use personal protective equipment (PPE) wholesale by all the people.
“The prime minister has given the 31-point instruction in the wake of the novel coronavirus [Covid-19] situation in the country,” PM’s Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim told BSS.
The directives of the prime minister are as follows:
1) Coronavirus-related treatment measures will have to be taken, and awareness programmes on the issue will have to be implemented.
2) There is no need for concealment; rather, go to physicians if symptoms of coronavirus surfaces.
3) No need for using PPE generally by all; instead, those involved in the treatment process need to wear PPE and adopt cautionary measures to keep all treatment equipment, including PPE and masks, free from the virus and in case of their disposal as well.
4) Special priority will have to be given to all doctors, nurses, lab technicians, cleaners, ambulance drivers who are involved in the treatment of Covid-I9.
5) Those who are in home quarantine or isolation should be treated humanely.
6) To regularly follow the health code, including washing hands, using masks and maintaining social distance.
7) Naval ambulances should be provided in the riverbank districts.
8) Proper health checkups and medical care for other patients should be continued.
9) Ensure cleanliness, and all the city corporations, municipalities and upazila parishads across the country will have to strengthen their cleanliness activities.
10) Attention should be given to law and order, and all the government officials including that of the Health Services Division, the administration, the law enforcement agencies, the Armed Forces Division will have to continue their work maintaining proper coordination during these hard times nationwide.
11) No corruption will be tolerated in relief activities.
12) Assistance will have to be given to day labourers, workers and peasants so that they don’t remain unfed, and a separate list of poor working people will have to be prepared.
13) Social safety activities will continue.
14) Proper attention will have to be paid so that economic activities don’t stagnate.
15) Food production system will have to continue, and a greater variety of crops will have to be produced. Whatever is needed for food security, will have to be done and no land should be kept uncultivated.
16) Supply system should be maintained.
17) General activities will continue and the prices of essentials will have to be kept under control.
18) All celebration programmes of the Bangla New Year should be suspended to avoid public gatherings. The celebration should be done digitally while staying at home.
19) Local public representatives, political leaders, people of all stages of the society will have to work together. The administration will have to work engaging all the people.
20) Alongside the government, the affluent persons and institutions of the society will carry out their relief and healthcare activities, maintaining coordination with the Deputy Commissioners and Upazila Nirbahi Officers.
21) The public representatives and upazila administration will distribute food among the distressed people by preparing a ward-based list.
22) Special attention will have to be given to the most disadvantaged people like agriculture workers, day labourers, rickshaw- and van-pullers, transport workers, beggars, street children, the women abandoned by their husbands, widows and ‘hijra’ community and providing relief to them will have to be ensured.
23) Necessary arrangements will have to be made for senior citizens and children.
24) All government employees and volunteer organisations will have to follow the standing orders (SOD) regard the disasters.
25) Necessary arrangements will have to be made for monitoring on production, supply and regular marketing of the essential goods.
26) Don’t buy excessive products after being panicked as there is adequate stock of all necessary goods including food grains.
27) The farmers will continue cultivation regularly, and in this case government incentives will go on.
28) All industry owners, businesspeople and individuals will keep their own industries, business establishments and houses clean.
29) The owners of industries will continue production through discussion with the workers and ensuring their safety.
30) The media workers are playing a proper role in creating mass awareness and in this case, a sharp eye will have to be kept so that none can mislead the people by spreading various rumours and false information.
31) Spreading rumours will have to be stopped. Various rumours are being spread. Don’t pay heed to rumours and don’t worry about it.
[প্রিয় পাঠক, আপনিও এফ টিভি নিউজ অনলাইনের অংশ হয়ে উঠুন। লাইফস্টাইলবিষয়ক ফ্যাশন, স্বাস্থ্য, ভ্রমণ, নারী, ক্যারিয়ার, পরামর্শ, রাজনীতি, খাবার, রূপচর্চা ও ঘরোয়া টিপস নিয়ে লিখুন এবং সংশ্লিষ্ট বিষয়ে ছবিসহ মেইল করুনemail@example.com-এ ঠিকানায়। লেখা আপনার নামে প্রকাশ করা হবে।]